- Revolution Topical Parasiticide for Puppy & Kitten, under 5 lbs (Mauve Box)
- Revolution Topical Parasiticide for Cats, 5.1-15 lbs (Blue Box)
- Revolution Topical Parasiticide for Cats, 15.1-22 lbs (Taupe Box)
Can kittens use Revolution?
You can use Revolution on kittens over 8 weeks old.
The minimum dose is 2.7 mg selamectin per pound(6 mg/kg) of body weight.
Does Revolution have different products for the variety of cat weights?
Yes. Revolution has three different dosage for the variety of cat weights.
✻ Is your cat over 22 lbs(9.9 kg)?
Follow “2.7 mg selamectin per pound(6 mg/kg) of body weight” or discuss it with your veterinarian.
What parasites does Revolution prevent?
Kill adult fleas and prevent flea eggs from hatching for 1 month
- Ear mite
Treat and control ear mites
Prevent heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis
✻ Please check if your cat has adult heartworm infection before using Revolution
Treat and control roundworm
Treat and control intestinal hookworm
Does Revolution have any off-label use?
Yes. Revolution has off-label using for controlling Demodex on cats but the effect needs further research to discuss.
Can you wash your cats before or after applying Revolution?
Make sure your cat’s fur is completely dry. Do not bath or shampoo your cat 24 hours after applying Revolution.
How to use Revolution on your cats?
- Make sure your cat is not sick and underweight, the fur is completely dry and the skin is not broken around the treatment area.
- Remove the package
- Hold the tube and press the cap down to break the seal(hear the click sound)
- Part the hair on the back behind head and show the skin
- Place the tube on the skin and press for a few times
- Drag away from the liquid and ensure the tube is empty
✻ Do not massage the treatment area
What is the dosage form of Revolution?
Topical drop for external use only
What is the ingredient and dosage in Revolution?
The main ingredient is Selamectin.
Can you use Revolution on pregnant or lactating female cats?
Yes. Revolution is able to use on pregnant or lactating female cats.
What are the possible side effects of using Revolution?
- Hair loss(mostly)
- Skin redness or flaking with or without inflammation
- Anorexia, lethargy, salivation
- Vomiting, diarrhea with or without blood
- Ataxia, fever and rare instances of death
How should you storage Revolution?
Storage below 30C(86F).
Revolution is flammable so please keep away from heat and sparks.
Keep away from children.