- Revolution Topical Parasiticide for Puppy & Kitten, under 5 lbs, (Mauve Box)
- Revolution Topical Parasiticide for Dogs, 5.1-10 lbs (Purple Box)
- Revolution Topical Parasiticide for Dogs, 10.1-20 lbs (Brown Box)
- Revolution Topical Parasiticide for Dogs, 20.1-40 lbs (Red Box)
- Revolution Topical Parasiticide for Dogs, 40.1-85 lbs (Teal Box)
- Revolution Topical Parasiticide for Dogs, 85.1-130 lbs (Plum Box)
Can puppies use Revolution?
You can use Revolution on puppies over 6 weeks old.
The minimum dose is 2.7mg selamectin per pound(6mg/kg) of body weight.
Does Revolution have different products for the variety of dog weights?
✻ Is your dog over 130 lb?
Follow “2.7 mg selamectin per pound(6 mg/kg) of body weight” or discuss it with your veterinarian.
What parasites does Revolution prevent?
Kill adult fleas and prevent flea eggs from hatching for 1 month
Revolution manages ticks in dogs and some of the cases need to administer 2 weeks after the previous dose to complete efficacy, with the monthly dosing continued thereafter.
- Ear mite
Treat and control ear mites
Some cases are required to have a second monthly dose.
Prevent heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis
✻ Please check if your dog has adult heartworm infection before using Revolution
Treat and control roundworm
Treat and control intestinal hookworm
Does Revolution have any off-label use?
Yes. Revolution has off-label using for controlling Demodex infection on dogs but the effect needs further research to discuss.
Can you wash your dogs before or after applying Revolution?
Make sure your dog’s fur is completely dry. Do not bath or shampoo your dog in 24 hours after applying Revolution.
How to use Revolution on your dogs?
- Make sure your dog is not sick and underweight, the fur is completely dry and the skin is not broken around the treatment area.
- Remove the package
- Hold the tube and press the cap down to break the seal(hear the click sound)
- Part the hair on the back behind head and show the skin
- Place the tube on the skin and press for a few times
- Drag away from the liquid and ensure the tube is empty
✻ Do not massage the treatment area
What is the dosage form of Revolution?
What is the ingredient and dosage in Revolution?
The main ingredient is Selamectin.
Can you use Revolution on pregnant or lactating bitches?
Yes. Revolution is able to use on pregnant or lactating bitches.
What are the possible side effects of using Revolution?
- Hair loss(mostly)
- Skin redness or flaking with or without inflammation
- Anorexia, lethargy, Salivation
- Vomiting, diarrhea with or without blood
- Ataxia, fever and rare instances of death
- Seizures have been reported in dogs
How should you storage Revolution?
Storage below 30C(86F).
Revolution is flammable so please keep away from heat and sparks.
Keep away from children.