- Bravecto 112.5 mg Topical Solution for cats and kittens, 2.6-6.2 lb (1.18-2.8 kg)
- Bravecto 250 mg Topical Solution for cats and kittens, > 6.2-13.8 lb (> 2.8-6.26 kg)
- Bravecto 500 mg Topical Solution for cats and kittens, > 13.8-27.5 lb (> 6.26-12.5 kg)
Can kittens use Bravecto?
You can use Bravecto on kittens over 6 months old and more than 2.6 lb (1.18 kg).
Follow “below to provide a minimum dose of Fluralancer 18.2 mg/lb (40 mg/kg) body weight”.
Does Bravecto have different products for the variety of cat weights?
✻ Is your cat over 27.5 lb (12.5 kg)?
For cats over 27.5 lb (12.5 kg), use a combination of two tubes that most closely matches the bodyweight.
Follow “below to provide a minimum dose of 18.2 mg/lb (40 mg/kg) body weight” or discuss it with your veterinarian.
How often should you use Bravecto on your cats?
Every 12 weeks (3 months) apply one tube for one cat
Treatment may begin at any time of the year and can continue year around.
What parasites does Bravecto prevent?
Immediate and persistent flea(Ctenocephalides felis) killing activity for 12 weeks.
8 hours onset after applying
Immediate and persistent tick(Ixodes scapularis) killing activity for 12 weeks.
12 hours onset after applying
Bravecto is not effective against Dermacentor variabilis ticks(American dog tick) beyond 8 weeks after dosing.
Does Bravecto have any off-label use?
Yes. Bravecto can be used on Demodicosis (Demodex infestation) caused by Demodex gatoi or Demodex cati control and treatment.
Can you wash your cats before or after applying Bravecto?
Keep your cat dry within 24 hours and don’t shampoo or let cat swim in 3 days after application.
How to use Bravecto your cats?
- Make sure your cat is not sick and underweight, the fur is completely dry and the skin is not broken around the treatment area.
- Remove the package
- Hold the tube with the cap upright position(tip up).
- The cap should be rotated clockwise or counterclockwise one full turn. (The cap is designed not to be removed)
- The tube is open and ready for application when the breaking of the seal is felt.
- The cat should stand or lie with its back horizontal during application.
- Part the hair on the back behind head and show the skin
- Place the tube on the skin and press for a few times
- Drag away from the liquid and ensure the tube is empty
✻ Do not massage the treatment area
What is the dosage form of Bravecto?
Topical spot-on for external use only
What is the ingredient and dosage in Bravecto?
The main ingredient is Fluralancer.
Can you use Bravecto on pregnant or lactating cats?
No. The safety of Bravecto has not been established in breeding, pregnant, and lactating cats.
What are the possible side effects of using Bravecto?
- Gastrointestinal signs(vomiting, diarrhea)
- Skin irritation(pruritus, loss hair, scabs/ulcered lesion)
- Decrease appetite
- Neurological signs(ataxia, tremor)
✻ Side effects should resolve in 1-2 days. Contact your veterinarian if the side effects constantly going on, or you notice any serious effects after applying Bravecto.
How should you storage Bravecto?
Storage below 77°F (25°C).
Bravecto is flammable. Keep away from heat, sparks, open flame, or other sources of ignition.
Store in the original package in order to protect from moisture.
Keep away from children.